b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Transliteration site?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Harold R. Holmyard III" <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Transliteration site?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:17:11 -0500

Dear Dave,

I don't know what they are asking you exactly, but giving them a transliteration chart might be helpful.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard

I get at least 2 questions a week asking me to "translate" this or that word
or phrase into Hebrew characters, something I don't really have the time to
do (with rare exceptions). Does anybody know of a website I can point people
to, where they can put in an English word or phrase and have it come out in
Hebrew characters? A strange request, I know, but some of the requests I get
along these lines are even stranger...
TIA.