b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Transliteration site?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Transliteration site?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:30:43 -0700

On 28/06/2004 15:58, Dave Washburn wrote:

Here's an example question:

I am emailing you to ask if you know where to find specific words written in Hebrew? I don't know if you can help, but I am looking for the following words written in Hebrew:

'Jehovah Rapha'
'David'
'Faith'
'Faithful'
--

IOW, they want me to render such words in Hebrew for them. A transliteration chart wouldn't help in such cases. I referred the most recent one to Strong's Concordance, but a website would be nice to refer them to as well.

Now I understand better what you want. What they really need is an English-Hebrew dictionary. They can find one online at http://www.biblestudytools.net/Lexicons/Hebrew/, but they need a suitable font installed. This claims to use BDB but in fact uses the Online Bible version - compare the entries for `alma. I can't find Jehovah Rapha there, but where is it anyway?

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)