b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Transliteration site?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Transliteration site?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:00:50 -0700

On 28/06/2004 12:47, Dave Washburn wrote:

I get at least 2 questions a week asking me to "translate" this or that word or phrase into Hebrew characters, something I don't really have the time to do (with rare exceptions). Does anybody know of a website I can point people to, where they can put in an English word or phrase and have it come out in Hebrew characters? A strange request, I know, but some of the requests I get along these lines are even stranger...
TIA.

If they install one of the Hebrew transliteration keyboards which comes with the fonts SBL Hebrew or Ezra SIL, they can type away as if in English and get (Unicode) Hebrew on their screen, in Word and several other applications (Windows only).

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)