b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] DWD or DWYD, YHDH or YHWDH

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] DWD or DWYD, YHDH or YHWDH
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:27:01 +0200

I'm not so sure. Arad is over a century later than Hezekiah. It's also
closer the the time of the composition of much of the Biblical text. Could
the "optional" W have become "stabilized" or "standardized" during this
time?

Since the Persian period bullae, stamps and coins are mostly in Aramaic, I'm
not sure if they prove anything.

Yigal