b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "The eye of the earth"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "The eye of the earth"
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:35:08 +0200

The same expression appears in Exodus 10, when describing the locusts. In
verse 5 it's "And it shall cover the (YN H)RC, and (he/it) shall not be able
to see the earth". Also starnge. The subject of WKSH "and it shall cover" is
the locust; so who is it, exactly, that will not be able to see the earth?

In verse 15, it is the loscust who covers the (YN H)RC and makes the earth
dark.

I think that the idea, that the loscust in exodus and the Israelites in
Numbers are so many that they cover the whole earth, is clear. But what is
the (YN of the earth?

Yigal