b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: EREB-BOKER in Daniel 8:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Eduard C Hanganu" <eddhanganu AT hotmail.com>
  • To: gfsomsel AT juno.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: EREB-BOKER in Daniel 8:14
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 08:34:48 -0500

Dear Mr. Somsel:

But what would then be the meaning of EREB-BOQUER in Daniel 8:14 and what historical events could be alluded to in Daniel 8:9-14 concerning the taking away of the TAMID? After doing a search on the word TAMID in the Hebrew OT (BHS) I found out that TAMID refers in fact to all the work in the Jewish Sanctuary, therefore the taking away of the TAMID(DAILY) would be equivalent with the SHUTTING DOWN of the Sanctuary. Is there such a historical event of 2300 evening-mornings (Sanctuary days) that would correspond to the taking away of the DAILY in Daniel 8?

Regards,

Eduard