b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: EREB-BOKER in Daniel 8:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: EREB-BOKER in Daniel 8:14
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:46:45 -0500

Dear Eduard:

As gfsomsel wrote, this is connected with the time of “the desecration of the
temple by
Antiochus Epiphanes” as recorded in Maccabbees.

Notice, unlike Genesis 1, this does not say days, rather evening mornings,
one for each missed sacrafice. According to a study I read recently, if one
includes leap months used to make the calendar match the solar cycle, the
time comes to the exact time of the desecration of the temple, to the day.

Karl W. Randolph.