b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Limmuday (Isa 8:16)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Limmuday (Isa 8:16)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 02:03:53 -0500

Yigal:

Where do you get this ”Christian“ translation? The idea of ”learning“ fits
not only the immediate context, but also the context of the prophets that
while they were teaching, no one was listening. This latter context is
carried also in Jeremiah and Ezekiel.

There is no need to bring in any Messianic understanding.

Karl W. Randolph.