b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53 read within the book as a whole

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53 read within the book as a whole
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:40:16 -0400

Dear Vadim -- and Harold,
I don't see "anointed" in Isaiah 47.
I see moshia), savior, not moshiah, anointed one.
There is a crucial difference. The anointed king
is not necessarily a savior, tho he can be.
It is the confounding of these terms (occasioned by
a Christological theology)that prevents one from understanding
Cyrus as YHWH's Messiah = LEGITIMATE KING OF JUDAH.
If you would forget Jesus for a minute (if possible)
you could understand what it means to be an anointed king.
(AN not THE).
Please read my article to know where I'm coming from.
Liz