b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Prophetic Perfect? Psalm 107

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: <furuli AT online.no>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Prophetic Perfect? Psalm 107
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 14:42:11 -0400

Dear Rolf,
If you are unwilling to say "swan," then you are not behaving
scientifically at all. Applying Bayes' Theorem, the probability of
the bird being a swan and not a crow is the
probability of it being a swan given that it's white = the probability
of it being white given that it is a swan (.998) times the probability that
it is a swan=.5 divided by the probability of getting a white bird = .5.
Therefore the probability that it is a swan is .998 = (.998*.5)/.5=.998.
Best,
LIz