b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Prophetic Perfect? Psalm 107

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "wattswestmaas" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Prophetic Perfect? Psalm 107
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 19:36:56 +0200

Dear Liz - I'd say that you were definately referring to a Crow!!

Based on the assumption that white swans were very common and everybody was
seeing them and the likelihood that someone would take the trouble to point
out the unusual rather than to exclaim the obvious. Fair answer?

Regards Chris

The reference to white swans and induction is extremely interesting.
Let us say that you saw 1000 white swans and 2 black ones.
Further let's say that you saw 1000 black crows and (for argument's sake)
two white ones.
Now suppose I told you that there is a white bird out there.
Would you assume it to be a swan or a crow?
Liz