b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: furuli AT online.no
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 18:12:52 +0200

Dear Dave,

This is a strange post because no named person is addressed. Because an exchange between Vadim and myself was copied, it seems that I am the addressee. But then the post becomes even more strange, because I quoted the words of the doctoral dissertation of Dr Cook, and said that I agreed. There was no claim that the question was finally settled. There are many valuable thoughts in the Archives which can be taken into account, but it is even better to study the text of the Tanakh itself.

Best regards

Rolf

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo

I suggest you spend some serious time in the archives before making such a
statement. There have been beaucoup discussions of this very question and
it's far from settled. Don't try to treat it as though it's a done deal,
because it most definitely isn't.