b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Unikom-Ug Corp." <unikom AT paco.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 22:43:20 +0300

What's the point of such discussion on tenses? Either there is a meaningful
statistical correlation between wa and past tense, or there is not. From my
experience, I have no doubt there is. If you have statistics to the
contrary, that, say, 50 or even 30% of wa's don't reverse the tense, this
would be an argument; but let's produce a list of wa's and check them out.