b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: pierced?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: unikom AT paco.net
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: pierced?
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 08:08:05 -0700

On 15/05/2004 22:53, unikom AT paco.net wrote:

Dear Peter,

I use Hebrew text. I don't care about any translations made from it. I
don't consult LXX. We used to laugh at this lame translation with my
friends before, but not it's boring.
I guess it's an convention among scholars to give priority to Hebrew text
in case of divergences. If this is not your view, you may just as well use
KJV. Nothing to argue about.

Дорогой Вадим,

I agree with you, in preferring the Hebrew text and considering LXX of little relevance. I have no idea what makes you think anything different.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)