b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Psa 107:19-21 (was WAYYIQTOL)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ken Penner" <pennerkm AT mcmaster.ca>
  • To: "'Sameer Yadav'" <sameer_yadav2 AT yahoo.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Psa 107:19-21 (was WAYYIQTOL)
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:19:15 -0500

Zuber deals with counterfactuals in Excursus 3 (pages 111-118), in which he
lists 56 with x-suff and 6 with x-pref. I didn't take the time to read the
German carefully, but it seems he gets away without solving the problem
because Greek also uses indicative forms to express counterfactuals.

Ken Penner, McMaster/DSS
http://s91279732.onlinehome.us