b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Psa 107:19-21 (was WAYYIQTOL)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "GeraldJ" <gertan AT telus.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Psa 107:19-21 (was WAYYIQTOL)
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:31:41 -0800

> On 3/27/04 10:18 AM, "A. Philip Brown II" <pbrown AT GBS.EDU> wrote:
>
> > It would be helpful to me and perhaps to others on the list to have a
> > bibliography of the key articles/monographs ...
>
> Of course there is Robert Longacre's, Joseph : a story of divine
providence
> : a text theoretical and textlinguistic analysis of Genesis 37 and 39-48 /
> Winona Lake : Eisenbrauns, 1989.
>
> and there is an excellent critique of Longacre's Model see:
>
> Heimerdinger, Jean-Marc. Topic, focus and foreground in ancient Hebrew
> narratives, Sheffield Academic Press, c1999. See pages 52-100 for critique
> of Longacre's Model. If you are short on time skip to page 75 and start
> reading there.
>
> The above discuss WAYYIQTOL within a larger framework.
>
> greetings,
> Clay Bartholomew

The book Biblical Hebrew and Discourse Linguistics edited by Robert Bergen
is a collection of 22 papers from The Summer Institute of Linguistics.
Three sections: Grammatical, Syntactical, and Accent Studies; Narrative
Genre; Topics Relating to Nonnarrative Genres. Includes the likes of
Longacre, Niccacci, etc. Very interesting read.

Gerald Jennings