b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psa 107:19-21 (was WAYYIQTOL)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psa 107:19-21 (was WAYYIQTOL)
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 04:44:39 -0500

Charles:

I personally prefer to read an unpointed
text, partially because I have been reading
it in a font derived from the Gezar
calendar. But for over 20 years, I read
almost daily from a pointed text and
learned from it. With this as my
background, how can I discourage others
from using a pointed text?

The only caution I say about using a
pointed text is that the points are not
canon and are sometimes wrong. But for the
99%+ of the time I agree with the points,
I’m glad they were there to teach me.

Karl W. Randolph.