b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psa 107:19-21 (was WAYYIQTOL)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: furuli AT online.no
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psa 107:19-21 (was WAYYIQTOL)
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:07:33 +0100

Dear Dave,

I have a list of several hundred examples of WAYYIQTOLs whose actions occur simultaneously, even many examples where two WAYYIQTOLs have the same subject. So it is true that the WAYYIQTOL advances R-time in the majority (more than half) of the cases, but this is no *semantic* characteristic of the form.

Best regards

Rolf

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo