b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "Hosanna in the highest" in Hebrew?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "Hosanna in the highest" in Hebrew?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 02:31:52 -0500

Noam:

I was told that a common belief was that at the time of Messiah, all the
Jewish festivals would end except for Sukkot. We find this in the New
Testament not only in this passage, but also in the transfiguration of Jesus
mentioned in Matthew 17 where in verse 4 Peter mentions building booths
(sukkot). Also mentioned in Mark 9:5 and Luke 9:33. So this mixing of
Passover and Sukkot is not a mistake.

The Tanakh tie in is found in Zecharia 14, in particular verses 16 and
following.

This is getting a little off topic from our study of Biblical Hebrew.

Karl W. Randolph.