b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dahood on `ecah, derek, mow$ab

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Lee R.Martin <lmartin AT vol.com>
  • To: "B. M. Rocine" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dahood on `ecah, derek, mow$ab
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:41:16 -0400

Dear Bryan,
Regarding specifically the translation "entered the council," I would have expected the verb Bo' for "enter" rather than HLK. The combination of HLK with 'ecah seems to fit the traditional translation. He has not "walked (behaved) in the counsel of" the wicked. If Bo' had been the verb here, then I would see the verse differently.
Blessings,
Lee R. Martin