b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: nephesh mot

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: nephesh mot
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:22:55 -0500

Dr. Joe Sprinkle:

Where in Tenakh does NP$ have the meaning of “throat” or “gullet”? I missed
it and would like a reminder.

I thought the word for throat or gullet was GRWN garown as opposed to GRGRWT
gargarowt refering to the outside of the throat or (RP orep meaning neck.

I am rather concrete in my understanding of Biblical Hebrew words: use only
meanings that are used in Tenakh, not hypothetic meanings nowhere used.

Karl W. Randolph.