b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Constellations in Job

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bill Rea <bsr15 AT cantsl.canterbury.ac.nz>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Constellations in Job
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:16:39 +1200 (NZST)

Al asked:-

> I am trying to find discussions or research about why there is no
> mention in Job of the 12 constellations of the Zodiac.

It is even possible to determine why something is omitted by an author
after the author is dead and he has left no other works? What source
material would a person use when persuing such research?

> Instead, we find Kimah / Kesil / Ash mentioned. No one seems to know for
> sure what these refer to but it's pretty much agreed that they are not
> the Zodiacal constellations.

I don't follow the logic here. If people don't know what they refer to
how is it possible to reach a general agreement that they are not,
either individually or collectively, Zodiacal constellations?

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury University \_
E-Mail bill.rea AT canterbury.ac.nz </ New
Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax 64-3-364-2332 /) Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator (/'