b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Throne KS) Isa 6:1, Ezek. 1:26,10:1

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: c stirling bartholomew <cc.constantine AT worldnet.att.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Throne KS) Isa 6:1, Ezek. 1:26,10:1
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 11:13:12 -0700

Thanks Ben,

on 5/4/03 3:46 PM, Ben and Jo Crick wrote:

> The chariots of Egypt MeR:KaBoT such as Joseph and his Pharaoh rode in
> (Genesis 46:29) had four wheels, and were drawn by four onagers (donkeys).
> The Hittites who domesticated the horse had light military chariots with
> only two wheels. There were no seats. Both riders stood at the front; one
> controlled the horse and the other engaged the enemy.

Ok, no chairs but perhaps something like an arm rail to hang on to. What I
was trying to discover was a throne with wide flat arms, providing a bench
like surface suitable for supporting objects of moderate size. In all the
images I have seen so far from ANE sources no such throne has appeared. The
thrones with arms have only narrow rails with no flat surface at all.

Thanks again for your assistance with this question.

Greetings, Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point