b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Throne KS) Isa 6:1, Ezek. 1:26,10:1

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: ben.crick AT argonet.co.uk (Ben and Jo Crick)
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Throne KS) Isa 6:1, Ezek. 1:26,10:1
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 02:01:41 +0100

On Fri 2 May 2003 (23:13:07), cc.constantine AT worldnet.att.net wrote:
> Can anyone help me with this? Negative evidence is welcome. Trying to
> read this monograph with a critical eye.

Dear Clay,

The early Church understood the divine Throne in Ezekiel as a symbol of the
Glory of God. They compared it with the Laver of Solomon's Temple, described
in 1 Kings 7. This huge portable laver was a triumph of engineering, a
huge bronze bowl supported on four stout pedestals polished mirror-bright,
and each equipped with castor-like wheels that could roll in any direction
without turning.

See what you think...

Ben
<ben.crick AT argonet.co.uk>