b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Thrones

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: c stirling bartholomew <cc.constantine AT worldnet.att.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Thrones
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 11:42:31 -0700

on 5/3/03 3:46 AM, Walter R. Mattfeld wrote:

> Dear Clay,
>
> Mainstream scholarship understands God's throne to be a winged Sphinx
> throne, similar to Late Bronze Age and Iron Age exemplars from Canaan and
> Phonecia. The extended, upraised wings constituted the "arms" of the throne.
> For further details cf. my article on Cherubim Origins at the following url

Thank you Walter. I am reading your article again. I see you have revised
it. I was quite interested in this the first time I say it. The Ezekiel and
Isaiah throne texts have been an ongoing source of interest for decades.

I appreciate your help with this question,

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point

  • [b-hebrew] Thrones, Walter R. Mattfeld, 05/03/2003
    • Re: [b-hebrew] Thrones, c stirling bartholomew, 05/03/2003