b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] font problem

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] font problem
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 10:21:39 -0400

Dear Peter,Maurice, etc.
I am still having font problems.
It turns out I did have SPTiberian already.
But anyway, I replaced it with the version from Biblica
and was able to see Hebrew on my screen. However
when I tried to print out the article, my computer froze.
I have to delete the font in order to get outlook to run.
I then downloaded it from the AAR site (I couldn't from the SBL
site for some reason).
When I look at the font there are little squares here and
there, where I think letters should be. Also there is a
problem with the aleph (I think). I tried to print out the
font's test page, and it froze just before printing the aleph
(I think).
Any suggestions? Is the font supposed to have little squares in it?
I'm going to all this trouble just to print out an article that
purposely
ignores my excursus in Milgrom (Grrr).
Liz