b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Nephesh Mesopotamian myths

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lew Osborne" <osbo AT hn.ozemail.com.au>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Nephesh Mesopotamian myths
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 16:05:58 +1000

So,

Yes we do get into theology. Regretably theology has influenced the
translators to too great an extent. A symple example is the statement found
in the preface to the RSV page 9 where the transdlators make the remarkable
statement that to translate the words God LORD Lord etc "is entirely
inappropriate for the universal faith of the Christian Church" (preface
page 9)"

Now to translate these words is inappropriate?

I ask you!!!!!

LOsbo