b-hebrew - Re: Jeremiah 32:20

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_R_Kirk AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Jeremiah 32:20
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:11:26 +1100

Maybe I have missed something, but Trevor, how do you understand the
(AD-HAY.OWM HAZ.EH in this verse? BHS suggests a read of W:(AD-...
following a Greek text, so understanding the miracles to include both
those of the Exodus and recent ones. Perhaps this lies behind NIV "You
performed miraculous signs and wonders in Egypt and have continued them
to this day..."

Peter Kirk
peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com
http://web.onetel.net.uk/~peterkirk/

God's
> >ability to save Israel (and Jerimiah, who was in the slammer).
> >
> >Yigal
> >
> >At 03:24 AM 11/18/2002 -0600, Dennis Hou wrote:
> >>Does the perfect tense indicate that the signs and wonders were set
in
> the
> >past
> >>as a continuing memorial, or does the time marker indicate that they
> >continue
> >>to be done, (or something else?)
> >>
> >>Thanks in advance,
> >>
> >>Dennis Hou
> >>
> >>---
> >>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [Yigal-Levin AT utc.edu]
> >>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
> >$subst('Email.Unsub')
> >>To subscribe, send an email to join-b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.
> >>

> >Dr. Yigal Levin
> >Dept. of Philosophy and Religion
> >University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
> >615 McCallie Avenue
> >Chattanooga TN 37403-2598
> >U.S.A.
> >
> >---
> >You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [06peterson AT cua.edu]
> >To unsubscribe, forward this message to
> $subst('Email.Unsub')
> >To subscribe, send an email to join-b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as:
[peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com]