b-hebrew - Re: Jeremiah 32:20

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <Yigal-Levin AT utc.edu>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Jeremiah 32:20
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:02:54 -0500

I would think that he is referring to the "signs and wonders" of the
Exodus, which have continued in Israel "to this day", as proof of God's
ability to save Israel (and Jerimiah, who was in the slammer).

Yigal

At 03:24 AM 11/18/2002 -0600, Dennis Hou wrote:
>Does the perfect tense indicate that the signs and wonders were set in the
past
>as a continuing memorial, or does the time marker indicate that they
continue
>to be done, (or something else?)
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Dennis Hou
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [Yigal-Levin AT utc.edu]
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')
>To subscribe, send an email to join-b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.

Dr. Yigal Levin
Dept. of Philosophy and Religion
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue