b-hebrew - Re: Hebrew Syntax.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: cc.constantine AT worldnet.att.net, b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Hebrew Syntax.
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 01:10:02 EDT

In a message dated 4/10/2002 12:30:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cc.constantine AT worldnet.att.net writes:

Ignoring discourse analysis is unforgivable. Lanuage textbooks which do that
should be relegated to eternal flames, but no annihilated :-)).

We need someone to develop an entire Hebrew & Greek curriculum which is
written from a DA perspective. This will have to be someone who is both
brave and brilliant which rules out most of us.

Perhaps those who are brilliant would rather ignore discourse analysis. :-)
But then, what's my excuse? Obviously not brilliance.

GfSomsel