b-hebrew - Re: Hebrew Syntax.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: c stirling bartholomew <cc.constantine AT worldnet.att.net>
  • To: Peter Kirk <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>, Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hebrew Syntax.
  • Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 21:30:04 -0700

on 4/9/02 1:03 PM, Peter Kirk wrote:

> Another weakness of Waltke and O'Connor is that it rubbishes then
> ignores discourse analysis, and (in my opinion at least) its treatment
> of Hebrew verbs is thereby seriously flawed.
>
> Peter Kirk

Peter,

Ignoring discourse analysis is unforgivable. Lanuage textbooks which do that
should be relegated to eternal flames, but no annihilated :-)).

We need someone to develop an entire Hebrew & Greek curriculum which is
written from a DA perspective. This will have to be someone who is both
brave and brilliant which rules out most of us.

Thanks,

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew