b-hebrew - RE: bereshit (still)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: bereshit (still)
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:28:58 -0000

No, I am not saying that the others are making mistakes. I am saying
that both are valid translations because no one can be sure which
meaning was the Hebrew author's intention. Are you prepared to agree
with me on that? If so, we can agree that this evidence for your
interpretation of Genesis 1:1-2 is debatable and so unreliable.

Peter Kirk