b-hebrew - RE: One or One?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: One or One?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:01:33 -0500

The Trinity, obviously.

Why do the words, "composite unity", mean the trinity, obviously?

I want to know what the words mean, without any concepts behind them. Grammatically, linguistically, what does "composite unity" mean?

Does it mean something that is unified and made of components? If so, why a trinity - why not millions of "parts"?

When do the parts become unified, was the unity there first, and then separated into parts, or vice versa - I really do not understand the term.

Shoshanna