b-hebrew - Re: God's name: was Curious abut "G-d"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: God's name: was Curious abut "G-d"
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:55:23 -0500

And this of course has nothing at all to do with the topic at hand...

You are right, either did this:

For clarification here: Christians do not "believe in" or consider
> authoritative this "Oral Torah" or the other literature Shoshanna
> mentions here , etc.

Shoshanna

Yes, Christians do not believe in the Oral Torah.

But I am amazed how many "Christians", contest the fact that Israel is our
inheritance, as written in the Written Torah.

Shoshanna

> For clarification here: Christians do not "believe in" or consider
> authoritative this "Oral Torah" or the other literature Shoshanna
> mentions here. We consider authoritative (in varying senses) the Hebrew
> Bible, including the written Torah, and the New Testament (and a few
> extra "deuterocanonical" books for some), and of course we have our own
> traditions. But the points you are making here are not part of the faith
> of (at least the great majority of) Christians.
>
> Peter Kirk

---
You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [dwashbur AT nyx.net]

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
This time, like all times, is a very good one if we but know what to do
with it.
-Emerson

---
You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [rosewalk AT concentric.net]