b-hebrew - RE: God's name: was Curious abut "G-d"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "'Shoshanna Walker'" <rosewalk AT concentric.net>, "Biblical Hebrew \(Biblical Hebrew\)" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: God's name: was Curious abut "G-d"
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:04:59 -0000

For clarification here: Christians do not "believe in" or consider
authoritative this "Oral Torah" or the other literature Shoshanna
mentions here. We consider authoritative (in varying senses) the Hebrew
Bible, including the written Torah, and the New Testament (and a few
extra "deuterocanonical" books for some), and of course we have our own
traditions. But the points you are making here are not part of the faith
of (at least the great majority of) Christians.

Peter Kirk

Rabbinical
> Torah commentaries, such as Rashi, etc., and the literature is
massive,
> and
> I do not know the exact sources for this, but I know, as I have been
> taught,
> just as everyone else who has been brought up in the Jewish tradition,
has
> been taught.
>
> shoshanna
>

> > Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury University \_
> > E-Mail b dot rea at it dot canterbury dot ac dot nz </
New
> > Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax 64-3-364-2332 /)
> Zealand
> > Unix Systems Administrator (/'
> >

> > ---
> > You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as:
[rosewalk AT concentric.net]