b-hebrew - Re: Qames or Qames-Hatuph

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Maurice A. O'Sullivan" <mauros AT iol.ie>
  • To: Bearpecs AT aol.com
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Qames or Qames-Hatuph
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 13:13:15 +0000

At 08:17 07/01/02, Bearpecs AT aol.com wrote:

This example comes from an invaluable reference: _The Ohs and Ahs of Torah Reading: A Guide to the Kamatz Katan in the Torah, the Haftarot and the Megillot_
Rivka Sherman-Gold
Yodan Publishing, Mountain View CA, 1998

Many thanks for that pointer.

When I checked out the author name on Amazon.com the response I got was;
>>we were unable to find exact matches for your search for Rivka Sherman-Gold <<

-- which is very curious as subsequently entering just the publisher's name, I got all the details and a full "blurb" at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0967047404/qid%3D1010408805/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F0%5F1/104-3561035-6134342

In the light of one previous posting which asked:
>>If so, can't one just learn the list? qol is one. I think it's a small list<<

it may be worth noting that << The book lists ALL the words with Kamatz Katan in the Biblical texts read during synagogue services: The Torah (Pentateuch), the Haftarot (selections from the Prophets), the Megillot (Song of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, and Esther), as well as words in frequently recited prayers, psalms, and hymns. <<<

At USD 42.00 I would regard it as on the expensive side, but then book prices are very much in the eye of the beholder, aren't they? <g>

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
mauros AT iol.ie