b-hebrew - RE: Qames or Qames-Hatuph

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "B Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Qames or Qames-Hatuph
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 17:38:19 -0500

Arent'  there only a few words in which the qamets is pronounced like a holom?
(Is that what we're talking about here?)
If so, can't one just learn the list? qol is one. I think it's a small list.
I remember breaking my head over this in beginning Hebrew, and then just
deciding that if I ever was going to read torah from the bima, I'd just get a tape.
When else does it matter anyway?????
I'll wait for the flames.
Liz