b-hebrew - Understanding the Word of G-d

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Mike Mallory <mm9063067 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: BibicalHebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Understanding the Word of G-d
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:55:08 -0800 (PST)

I have a question about some translations that I have
read. In Exodus 3:14 the JPS tranlation lists the
phrase "Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh" as the phrasethat HaShem
said to Mosie when He was speaking from the bruning
bush. Here is the question --- Why do the Christin
Translations (KJV, NKJV, NIV, NAS, and the JB) list
this as "I am that I am."?

I also wish to thank the staff for stoping the line of
"spam mail" that I found both rude and offincive.

Mike Mallory