b-hebrew - adoni (adonee) using Bible study software

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Schmuel <schmuel AT bigfoot.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: adoni (adonee) using Bible study software
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 11:06:58 -0400

Hi b-Hebrew,

Peter Kirk,
.... Adonai/Adonoy can be just a form of Adon, meaning "my lords",
<snip very excellent detail and Masoretic Text stuff>

As for search engines, I wasn't thinking of Internet ones, rather the search
facilities which come with various Bible study packages e.g. BibleWorks,
Gramcord. I am sure they could answer your questions, at a price.

Thanks again Peter for a most excellent post..
I will be looking over a few things that you shared..

On the Bible study packages...
Does anyone know which ones, if any, would really work well in showing,
eg. distinctions and usages between adonai, adon, l'adon adoni, adonov and other forms........

BibleWorks, Gramcord, PC Bible Study, QuickVerse, other.. ?

Has anybody succeeded in using such programs successfully
when you have the same or similar words with mainly vowel point
and prefix and suffix distinctions but the same root... ?

Schmuel AT bigfoot.com
Messianic_Apologetic-subscribe AT yahoogroups.com