b-hebrew - RE: adoni (adonee) applied to angels

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Schmuel" <schmuel AT bigfoot.com>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: adoni (adonee) applied to angels
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 23:56:22 +0100

ADONI is ADON "(human) lord or master" with the first person singular
possessive suffix. Don't confuse it with ADONAI, the divine title. In BDB
there is a list of many of the occurrences of ADONI, including (as the
article no doubt points out) Ps 110:1. Or try any search engine.

As for specific references to angels, BDB mentions Jos 5:14, Jdg 6:13.

Peter Kirk