b-hebrew - Re: traditions regarding tetragrammaton?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Daniel Wagner" <dan.wagner AT netzero.net>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: traditions regarding tetragrammaton?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 22:01:45 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no>
To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 11:13 AM

> Dear Dan,
>

> I once wrote a thesis entitled "The tetragrammaton and its
> substitutes in the days of the second temple". Here are some points:
[SNIP]

Thanks for this post. This is extremely interesting and surprising. Has
anybody who has studied the evidence disagreed with you (re: modification of
LXX from original tetragrammaton)?

I'm sure many disagree regarding the NT modifications -- do you know any
bibliography of such works? I can't quite see how that could be possible for
the NT (though i have ABD and will read Howard's article), but i can see it
for LXX easily enough.

Dan Wagner

NetZero Platinum
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!