b-hebrew - Word used in OT (BHS)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "NBTP"<nbtp AT sil.org>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Word used in OT (BHS)
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:46:47 -0500

Dear friends,

I'm working on a multilingual dictionary. I have placed a column in my
dictionary as "Word used in OT" i.e used in BHS.

I'm using two computer programs for this purpose.
a) Bible works version 4.0
b) BART (Biblical analysis research tool)

When I entered a word (baxar = chose) in Bible works, there were 28 hits for
this word.
When I tried it in BART, there were 70 hits for this word. BART's research
was
done on base form (baxar = chose)

I'm confused which one is correct and which number should I put in my
dictionary?

Another question about Bible works:
Can I put (seghole, sere, khiraq etc) with words when I do word search. I
don't
know if it's possible in Bible works. If it's possible then it gives me
exact
word that I'm looking for.

I apologize if my question is not clear. Thanks and your help is very much
appreciated.

Yousaf.