b-hebrew - Re: Word used in OT (BHS)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: nbtp AT sil.org, b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Word used in OT (BHS)
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 02:32:35 EST

In a message dated 1/16/2001 12:56:58 AM Central Standard Time, nbtp AT sil.org
writes:

When I entered a word (baxar = chose) in Bible works, there were 28 hits for
this word.
When I tried it in BART, there were 70 hits for this word. BART's research
was
done on base form (baxar = chose)

I've had a similar problem working on a program of Hebrew flash cards for the
computer.  I even tried resorting to using Strong's numbers due to the
presence of prefixes and infixes which make a simple search (even with "wild
cards") fail to produce many forms of a word.  I found that even there there
is no agreement.  If I take the count from the KJV or the NASV I get
different quantities.  Sometimes we are at the mercy of those who tag these
items in the software.

gfsomsel