b-hebrew - RE: challenges/questions for BH

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kerry Shirts <shirtail AT cyberhighway.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, 'yochanan bitan-buth' <ButhFam AT compuserve.com>
  • Subject: RE: challenges/questions for BH
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:39:36 -0600

----------
From: yochanan bitan-buth[SMTP:ButhFam AT compuserve.com]
Reply To: yochanan bitan-buth
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 3:56 PM
To: Biblical Hebrew
Subject: challenges/questions for BH

shalom Hevre be-b-hebrew, Here are a couple questions for feedback:

1. What are the biggest challenges to learning Biblical Hebrew and how can
they be addressed or ameliorated?

I personally have found the biggest challenge is time - GRIN! However,
seriously, there are enough great self teaching books to learning Hebrew
that honestly this is one language, that like German, just takes the time
and practice to learn. I would recommend sincerely:
Bonnie Pedrotti Kittel's book called "Biblical Hebrew: A Text and
Workbook," Yale University Press, 1989.
I also am thoroughly enjoying (when I have the time) Menahem Mansoor's 2
vols., "Biblical Hebrew: Step By Step," 7th Print, Baker House, 1991, along
with the cassette tapes.

Kerry A. Shirts

2. Does anyone have any measurable data on what students 'typically' learn
in a 8, 12 or 16 semester credit US program?

Randall Buth
Jerusalem University College

---
You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: shirtail AT cyberhighway.net
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')