b-hebrew - Re: MELEK HA(WOLAM

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Eric Weiss" <eweiss AT gte.net>
  • To: b-hebrew
  • Subject: Re: MELEK HA(WOLAM
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 8:57:7

If this is correct, then you have given me the information I need. Thanks!
And ... I will comfortably translate the passage as "King of the
Universe."

By "universe" do you [i.e., the rabbis] mean "everything that is - i.e.,
all time, space and matter, i.e., all creation?" I.e., "King of the
universe" means "Lord and Creator and Master of all/everything"?