b-hebrew - SV: Diachronic study (was Purpose for discussion)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Niels Peter Lemche <npl AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: "'b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: SV: Diachronic study (was Purpose for discussion)
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 07:36:58 +0100

Instead of continuing this theme, I would suggest that people obtains some
information about all of this from, e.g. John Collins' excellent survey of
Daniel in the Anchor Bible Dictionary. In light of the many historical
problems pointed out there, a defensorate of Daniel belonging to the 6th
century is in need of so many 'what if's' that it is hard to see how it can
survive.

NPL