b-hebrew - RE: Re[2]: Dating the Pentateuch- Canaan's Conquest Anomalies

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Niels Peter Lemche <npl AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: 'Peter Kirk' <peter_kirk AT sil.org>
  • Cc: "'b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Re[2]: Dating the Pentateuch- Canaan's Conquest Anomalies
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 00:48:17 +0100

Was there any Gibeon in the 16th century? I remember Pritchard claiming that
Gibeon was one of the villages-township founded in the early Iron period.
And what about Aj, who forgot Ai--et Tell that was not rebuilt after its
destruction in the Early Bronze age (a small shortlived village in the EI I
period). there is no common horizon ever that brings the stories of Joshua
together.

NPL