b-hebrew - Re[2]: Genesis and Gilgamesh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk"<peter_kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: <yonsaf AT beitberl.beitberl.ac.il>
  • Cc: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: Genesis and Gilgamesh
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:47:05 -0500

No, indicating that the final editing of the song was in (or after)
the first temple period. I appreciate the problem you mention to Rolf
Furuli, that it is hard or impossible to know which parts of the Torah
are the work of later editors. But that does not nullify the
possibility, even likelihood, that such a process has taken place.

Peter Kirk