b-hebrew - Re[4]: Tel Dan & David

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[4]: Tel Dan & David
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 19:41:11 -0500

Actually, I don't see how the jury can be out yet if the court is
still waiting for a witness, Fred Cryer. I accept that the final
verdict is not yet given. But in a real court, experienced lawyers can
often tell you long before the jury goes out or comes back in which
way the verdict is going to go, that the evidence is clearly pointing
one way or the other. Occasionally, I suppose, the last witness brings
up some new point which confounds others' expectations and swings the
whole trial. So, let's see Fred Cryer's evidence. Until then, let's
stop trying to prejudge the issue in either direction. That includes
you, Ian, stopping making postings implying that the inscription is a
fraud by putting it in the same category as the proven fraud Piltdown
Man.

Peter Kirk