b-hebrew - Re: Re[2]: Methods in biblical scholarship

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lewis Reich" <lewreich AT javanet.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Re[2]: Methods in biblical scholarship
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 21:19:22 -0500

On 27 Dec 99, at 11:34, Moshe Shulman wrote:

> At 10:13 AM 12/27/1999 -0500, Lewis Reich wrote:

I'm surprised you would disagree, Moshe. I would certainly agree
with you that they are as important, but I don't think that the
tannaim and amoraim of the mishnah and talmud would have
considered their work "canon" in the same sense as Tanakh, do
you? Are the Shulchan Arukh or the Arba Turim "canonical" in the
same sense as Tanakh?

Lewis Reich